Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving thanks...




My niece, Cadence Kelley.
The whole family, minus a couple.


Yesterday was Thanksgiving Day. Mandi and I spent the day with my family in Lewis County. We had a great time catching up with family members, eating lots of yummy food and riding our bikes.

I have so much to be thankful for this year. All simple things that I think a lot of folks, particularly Americans take for granted. In no particular order:

I am very thankful for my wife, without her I would probably just be a lazy drooling sloth, she is the ultimate motivator.

I am thankful for my health. I work very hard at maintaining a healthy balanced diet. Work is definitely the proper word because sometimes finding the proper healthy foods to eat can be a real chore.

I am very thankful for my family including my extended mountain biking family. Some of the best friends a boy could ever ask for.

I am thankful for having time. Yep time. Time to do what I want, ride bikes, garden, hike, hang with Mandi. Time is a very precious commodity these days with folks working multiple jobs just to make ends meet. Time is far more precious to me than money. Money is just a means to an end time can never be replaced.

So theres the short list. I could go on and on all day. My life is truley blessed.

Question: Why is it that people become less thankful as there blessings increase? Ask yourself that question next time you feel life is giving you the short end of the stick.

Peace and Love, JOEY

1 comment:

Fat-Boy said...

Hey Guys,,,It's Gina. I just wanted to say this blog was really nice. It's always good to know that some people really do appreciate what they have and are happy with what they have.